Edna Purviance's bio

June 6, 2018 - Re-editing Edna Purviance's family biography 2nd Draft. Photo: Leading Ladies © used by ednapurviance.org

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Contest for the Sea Gull drawing is now CLOSE

UPDATE JANUARY 2008 - THE NEW BOOK THE SEA GULL IS NOW AVAILABLE AT EDNAPURVIANCE.COM

SEE DECEMBER 10TH, 2007 POST FOR WINNER!

Contest Entries Closed Sunday, December 2nd, 2007

Today, I decided to close the entries for The Sea Gull book drawing, but I won't be drawing for a winner for a few days still. That is because I have three things happening at once.

Today, my regular computer video card (the one I had trouble with earlier this fall) has finally gone out for good. I have a new card on order, but it does slow things for me, since that computer has the bulk of my information. (Including all my Sea Gull entries!)

Two, we are having a major winter storm, causing very strong winds in our area for the next two days. The power going out is highly likely, and has twice already, causing even a fire in a doctor's office not far from us. Because of this we are going to be doing limited Internet work for the next day or so.

The last thing, both the hard cover and paperback proof books could be arriving nearly the same day. If they both check out, I like to have The Sea Gull launched very soon after. So I decided to close the drawing entries today, and I will be emailing our winner, as soon as I have my regular computer back up and running.

So if you have your name in, you will be hearing from me this week. I will send a regular email to everyone as soon as I can, telling you the contest has closed. So watch your emails!

Monday, Dec. 3rd - The weather is still very windy and now wet, causing many power outages, so I may not have answered some of your emails, yet. As for the main computer video card, it will be Wednesday or Thursday before I have the new one, so it will be a few days before I can get all of this sorted and a winner announced.

No comments: