Edna Purviance's bio

June 6, 2018 - Re-editing Edna Purviance's family biography 2nd Draft. Photo: Leading Ladies © used by ednapurviance.org

Monday, May 19, 2008

May's Bits and Pieces...

May 26, 2008 is Spring Bank Holiday in the UK and Memorial Day in the USA. Since I don't travel like I use to on that day, I plan to have a little 'internet' travel, instead, with a new video short coming next Monday (May 26th). (I don't want to leave Canada out, since they have Victoria Day today, in many regions!)

Other news... I like to thank everyone for the latest Sea Gull book orders! Very good to have your support. While shipping prices have gone up, I decided to NOT increase shipping at this time. I have worked on getting my shipping material cost down and that is helping overall.

On Grand View: I had an email from a fan saying that GV is planning an opening for a few hours on May 25th. I have not seen an official article on this from the press (at the time of this posting), but they said it would be familiar to the March opening.

To our fans who can speak Portuguese: I have been in contact with some of our Edna fans in Brazil for a few years now. If you know Portuguese, I would recommend Carla Marinho blog in Brazil for Chaplin fans.

Film Events: There are some coming silent film events this summer. You can check out this link for events, hopefully, near you. Bologna, Italy will certainly be a great stop for Josef von Sternberg fans at IL Cinema Ritrovato. And if you had not heard it yet, check out Donna Hill's Podcast featuring Slapsticon, coming in July. This weekend, the annual Cinevent will be held (with silent and classic films). Also, Paramount Ranch will hold their annual event of Silents Under the Stars on July 20th, 2008. Check this link for more details.

For the fans who have been following the news of Robert W. Nudelman passing, here is another link with current information.

I have some posts coming, and news bubbling under the surface, so thanks for visiting now, and see you on the next go around of Bits and Pieces... L

P.S. - I will have a new Edna question coming very soon...

No comments: