Edna Purviance's bio

June 6, 2018 - Re-editing Edna Purviance's family biography 2nd Draft. Photo: Leading Ladies © used by ednapurviance.org

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fan takes a chance on The Sea Gull

After having a person a few months ago complaining about the cost of The Sea Gull, it was very nice to read this letter back from a recent Edna fan who decided to take a chance on getting the book.

Dear Linda,
I wanted you to know that I received today (Friday, November 21st) my copy of "The Sea Gull." WOW! I mean . . . WOW! How impressive! Although I have only flipped through the pages, it appears to be far better than I was expecting. I'm really excited to read it and take my time gazing at the photos.

I've been frustrated trying to find something/anything on Edna Purviance. This woman was Charlie Chaplin's leading lady for SO many films, and while it is understandable that there are a gazillion books, documentaries, etc., on Chaplin, it is INCREDIBLE to me that I could find NOTHING on Edna on Amazon.com.

And then while desperately searching google.com I came across your website and saw "The Sea Gull," and thought I'd take a chance on it. Even though I've not yet read the book in its entirety, I am confident that my gamble paid off: this looks like a really, really quality book.


Thank you! And having a personalized, signed copy makes it immeasurably more special to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you! - D.K.

We again send a special thanks to everyone who have sent their thoughts back to us this year. You can read more comments here.

Just a little reminder, the book price is going up, unfortunately, due to increase cost in printing, shipping, packaging, Internet fees, etc. (printing being the biggest increase).

You can still get a book at the $39.95 price (plus shipping) until December 31 or before we run out of the current stock. (New cover price will be $49 per book.)

We had a nice string of sales lately, but still have some left, if interested. Just don't go into debt getting a book, but if you really like one and can afford it, we still have some in stock at the current price. Thanks for visiting...

Also, just to restate something I said last month. I am still thinking of another book giveaway in the future. The new price increase has dampened that a bit, but rethinking on when to do one. I will cover that more on the anniversary of The Sea Gull book launch on January 13th, 2009.

No comments: