Edna Purviance's bio

June 6, 2018 - Re-editing Edna Purviance's family biography 2nd Draft. Photo: Leading Ladies © used by ednapurviance.org

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Little Charlie Chaplin music on 78

I don't know about you, but I remember my parents 78 collection. I actually still have a few 78s left, but my parents didn't collected any Charlie Chaplin. But, some people did, as these two videos from youtube show.

The first one is "The Spring Song" from A King in New York. (There are more 78 recordings of other stars at this link.)




The second one to enjoy is the theme Limelight played on an original 1920s portable Gramphone. What is fun about this one, is the fact Edna Purviance owned a portable player she took with her on long trips to the east coast and abroad. Enjoy a taste of the past, at 78 speed!

No comments: