Edna Purviance's bio

June 6, 2018 - Re-editing Edna Purviance's family biography 2nd Draft. Photo: Leading Ladies © used by ednapurviance.org

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Ben Model's Kickstarter for Rare Silents


Help silent film composer, Ben Model, reach his goal! Ben is raising money to create a DVD of his rare  silent films from his own collect. All the films have been scored by Ben and will be transferred in HD. If you like to see this happen, read here and follow the link to learn more.



The "ACCIDENTALLY PRESERVED" rare/lost silent movie project

I own more than a dozen short silent movies that are either lost films or just really really rare.  The copies I have are vintage 16mm film editions made in the 1930s and 1940s, and are still projectable and usable. 

I want to produce a DVD, for classic film collectors, that will have these films on them in HD transfers and with new musical scores that I will create; I will also release the films on YouTube for all the world to enjoy.

I hope you'll make a pledge, and help me get these films out of cans and onto peoples' screens so they can been enjoyed and studied.  With your help, these films that have been unavailable to enjoy and own for decades will been seen again. - Ben Model




LINK TO ACCIDENTALLY PRESERVED

No comments: