Edna Purviance's bio

June 6, 2018 - Re-editing Edna Purviance's family biography 2nd Draft. Photo: Leading Ladies © used by ednapurviance.org

Monday, June 05, 2006

Chaplin Mutual Comedies - July 11 release date listed

I have been very busy so only noticed today the Chaplin Mutual Comedies: Restored Edition (with Carl Davis music) release date has been moved to July 11, 2006.

Personally, it gives me time to think. I love to have it, but with the cost and my budget, it does add up. I know many fans wouldn't think twice about buying it. I use to be that way myself, but if you have the money, it would be a great addition, for sure!

With the Hollywood Series coming out on DVD (hopefully soon in the US too) that is an easy decision in getting.

2 comments:

Tom Degan said...

I wish they would do a restored Mutual release wit the music that was recorded in the early thirties. I know that many will find me crazy but I prefer that soundtrack to many of the other restored versions. I thought the music on the Blackhawk Films restoration was just awful!
Tom Degan
Goshen, NY

Edna's Place said...

I can't remember the set, but I do remember a Mutual collection that had music that fit the collection quite nicely.

Sometimes music for these silent film comedies can sound too polish and misses the cheerfulness and spirit of the original films.

But some are awful for sure and just there to fill space and not enhance the film.