Edna Purviance's bio

June 6, 2018 - Re-editing Edna Purviance's family biography 2nd Draft. Photo: Leading Ladies © used by ednapurviance.org

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Happy 119th anniversary for Charlie!

Francine Bélanger
Special Edna and Charlie Tribute

Since I started Edna's site in November 2001, I have met many Edna and Charlie fans from around the world. Some I have had the pleasure to meet in person, others by the web. Many have become regular readers to Edna's site, and at times, send me special items sharing their love for Charlie and Edna.

Today, on Charlie's birthday, I share with you a special tribute to Edna and Charlie from Francine Bélanger from Quebec, Canada.

In November of 2007, Francine sent in a video to Le Banquier (translates: The Banker). The program is Canada's version of the international game show called Deal or No Deal.

This is Francine's video for the program in hopes of helping her dream come true. Francine has written the introduction for us in French and translated to English. The video program is in French.



___________________________

Deal or No Deal (Le Banquier)
Quebec, Canada

En novembre dernier, j’ai décidé d’envoyer une vidéo à l’émission Le Banquier car j’aimerais gagner beaucoup d’argent pour réaliser mes rêves.

Premièrement, je suis une fan d’Edna et Charlie depuis 25 ans. Ma grand-mère m’appelait Charlie car je ne mangeais pas à la table, je riais. Elle m’a parlé des films de Charlie et de sa vie. Je me sentais mieux alors que j’étais un enfant malade.

Et toujours dans ma vie, quand j’ai besoin d’énergie, je regarde les films de Charlie et je me sens mieux. Si la réincarnation existe, j’aurais aimé être Edna car elle a été très chanceuse d’être proche de lui. J’ai découvert une merveilleuse actrice dans ses films…

Le Banquier pourrait m’aider à réaliser plusieurs choses. J’aimerais aller à Hollywood. Marcher sur la rue des étoiles et placer mes pieds sur l’étoile de Charlie et celle d’Edna aussi… J’aimerais aller à Lovelock, Paradise Valley et Londres aussi. Faire un merveilleux voyage. Visiter le 287 Kennington Road et le musée Chaplin en Suisse.

Pour mes 40 ans en 2010, j’aimerais placer ma main sur la poignée de porte d’entrée et appeler mes filles pour leur dire que je réalise mon rêve. Marcher dans la maison et sur le terrain. J’arriverai tôt au levé du soleil et repartirai quand il se couchera.

De plus, j’aimerais voir un film de Charlie avec orchestre symphonique en Italie, Angleterre ou Etats-Unis. J’aimerais réaliser tous ces rêves.

En attendant de recevoir un appel pour une audition, je regarde mon livre Sea Gull et je reste positive. J’ai travaillé très fort pour ce vidéo et j’espère que vous l’aimerez.

Francine Bélanger, fan de Quebec, Canada.
________________________

English:
Deal or No Deal (Le Banquier)
Quebec, Canada

Last November, I decided to send a video to Le Banquier because I would like to win a lot of money to make my dreams come true.

First, I am a fan of Edna and Charlie for 25 years. My grandma called me Charlie because I never eat, I always laughed when sitting at the table. She talked to me about Charlie’s movie and his life, and it made me feel better when I was a sick child. And ever in my life, when I need some energy, I watch Charlie’s movies and I feel always better. If reincarnation did exist, I would be Edna. She was so lucky to be close to him. I discovered Edna in Charlie’s movie. A wonderful actress…

Le Banquier could help me to realise many things. I would like to go to Hollywood. Walk on Walk of Fame and put my foot on Charlie star and (maybe Edna’s too…)

I would like to go to Lovelock and Paradise Valley and London too. Make a wonderful trip. Visit the 287 Kennington Road and Chaplin Museum in Switzerland.

For my 40th anniversary in 2010, I would like to place my hand on the entrance door and call my daughters and tell them I realise my dream. Walk in the house and around the house. I will arrive early in the morning when sunrise until the sun goes to sleep. I would like to see a movie of Charlie with an orchestra in Italy, England or USA. I really would like to realize all those dreams.

Until I receive a call to go on audition, I look at my book The Sea Gull and continue to be positive. I worked hard on my video. I hope you enjoy it.

Francine Bélanger, fan from Quebec, Canada.
__________________________

Linda Wada's photo of Charles Chaplin in Leicester Square, London, England. More of Charlie's statue here.

Charlie Chaplin's Birthday - April 16, 1889 - London, England

No comments: